How to get a healthy glow on your big day…or for that important event
Beautiful, glowing skin is always your best beauty accessory, especially on you’re wedding day. Every bride wants to have a gorgeous glow walking down the aisle and look healthy and happy. Good skin starts within; so for at least 8 weeks before your big day, I encourage you to stock up on colourful, whole and plant based foods and exercise to bring out your bridal beauty.
1) Drink 1 Large green juice a day : Packed with beautifying properties, the green blend will make you glow from the inside out. Try to have a blend consisting of at least 4-5 Green Veg and 1-2 Fruits or Try mine- Bridal Glow: Bridal Glow: Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Celery, Cucumber, Apple, Lemon, 1 Tbs of Spurilina
2) Stock up on Salmon, Walnuts, Coconut Oil, Fish Oils, Flax & Chia Seeds’. These seemingly unrelated foods all deliver essential fatty acids, and thus are key foods for healthy skin. Essential fatty acids are responsible for healthy cell membranes, which is not only what act as barriers to harmful things but also as the passageway for nutrients to cross in and out and for waste products to get in and out of the cell. Because it is the cell membrane that also holds water in, the stronger that barrier is the better your cells can hold moisture. And that means plumper, younger looking skin.
3) Take or Add Chlorella to your smoothies: This Super food should be names super skin food: It is amazing for clear and radiant skin, renews cells, & cleanses/supports the liver and digestion. Clear gut means clear skin so stock up.
4) Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate: Drink 8-9 Glasses of water a day. It keeps skin soft, supple, and smooth. I also love adding cucumbers or lemons to my water.
5) Book in for a Vitamin C facial 3-5 days before the big day: Vitamin C is packed with antioxidants, and your skin will feel and look healthier with a radiant firmer and more luminous complexion.
6) Choose an activity you enjoy: Weather it’s swimming, jogging, walking, biking or fitness classes in cardio or yoga, they will all get your heart rate up making your blood flow and face glow.
7) Exfoliate at least two times per week starting at least two months before you’re wedding day using an oil-based exfoliant. ( I love the Ginger Body Scrub by Orgins) Exfoliation gets rid of dead skin cells that will make your tan look natural, even and fresh for the big day.
8) Invest in a good tinted moisturiser like the Illuminating Tint by Laura Mercier; which will make you look youthful, radiant and keep skin supple, adding to that incredible bridal glow.
9) Use a creme blush instead of a powder. I love Nars Illuminator in Orgasm: The light-reflecting liquid glides on to refresh the skin, enhance the complexion and create a shimmering incandescence.
10) Book a spa day 2-3 days before the wedding: it will revitalise, refresh and recharge you for the big and beautiful day!!!