What dosha type are you?
Ayurveda is the holistic science of health. Ayurveda is based on the principles of three doshas. Doshas are the energies that make up every individual, which perform different physiological functions in the body. The three ayurvedic body types, or doshas, are Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Each dosha has a unique set of characteristics and every individual is unique and there is no diet or lifestyle routine that works for everyone. Prevention is the key, therefore food and lifestyle routines are considered the most important medicine:
Vata Dosha — Energy that controls bodily functions associated with motion, including blood circulation, breathing, blinking, and your heartbeat.
• In balance: There is creativity and vitality.
• Out of balance: Can produce fear and anxiety.
Pitta Dosha – Energy that controls the body’s metabolic systems, including digestion, absorption, nutrition, and your body’s temperature.
• In balance: Leads to contentment and intelligence.
• Out of balance: Can cause ulcers and anger.
Kapha Dosha — Energy that controls growth in the body. It supplies water to all body parts, moisturizes the skin, and maintains the immune system.
• In balance: Expressed as love and forgiveness.
• Out of balance: Can lead to insecurity and envy.
To find out your dosha, take the quiz