There are many reasons for you to eliminate or at least reduce your sugarconsumption. Sugar consumption can have a disruptive effect on our bloodsugar balance and contributes to excess weight gain, sluggish, moody, hungry. However, one of themain reasons you should reduce your sugar consumption is because it can aid the proliferation of candida albicans and other harmful micro-organisms. Candida overgrowth is increasingly implicated in many diseases. In particular it is believed to be involved with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. Recently there was considerable controversy when Italian oncologist Dr Simoncene released his book – ‘Cancer is a Fungus’ where he hypothesises that cancer cells are actually fungal, and are encouraged by the consumption of excessive amounts of sugar. If you want to really learn more about the dangers of sugar check out Sugar Blues by William F Duffy : The classic, best-selling expose on the bad effects of sugar reveals how this commonly ingested ingredient in countless foods is highly addictive and causes a host of medical problems from depression to coronary thrombosis.
Matcha is a powdered green tea grown in exclusive regions of Japan. It has been found to contain over 137x antioxidants of standard green tea, alongside a ‘feel good’ amino acid derivative called L-Theanine. Other great benefits are improved mental focus and awareness, boosted metabolism, detoxifying, and loads of anti-ageing properties. So why not swap your morning latte for a yummy matcha mix.
Baby Bottom Butter, which is priced at just £2.54 has become the top selling skincare product for people of all ages, particularly women, at Waitrose. I finally decided to delve into this anti-ageing phenomenon and I am very impressed! After just one use, my skin had the smoothest texture and really plumped it up, leaving me with a youthful glow. It is a camomile-scented blend of olive oil and gentle lavender essential oil that is believed to nourish the skin and help protect against irritation. I think its a fab product especially during this dry winter months…and it can literally be used anywhere .
Stand out from the crowd with this Norah Pendent Statement necklace by Stella&Dot. Transform everything from a cashmere sweater to a cocktail dress or layer it over a bright blue top added impact. The perfect piece to brighten up any outfit.
I love the latest set from Cheek Frills. Cut from super soft stretch-jersey, the heart printed camisole and shorts duo is as comfortable as it is cute. Works great under everyday outfits or as an adorable sleepwear set.
Every Wardobe needs some staple pieces that work well with everything.
1) Statement Necklace: can make any outfit go from drab to fab.
2) Colorful Tote: adding a splash of color mixes well against dark and light hues.
3) LBD: always timeless and tasteful
4) Ballet Flats: cute way to dress down an outfit.
5) Leather Jacket: looks cool with faded jeans or a floral frock
6) Black Pointed Pumps: Forever Fashionable
7) Tailored Trousers: So you are forever polished and pretty.
8) Luxe Tee: Cool and Fashion forward..you can never have enough.
9) Elegant Blouse: from office to cocktail hour.. looks fab either way.
10) Chunky Knitwear: great way to smarten up your weekend wear.
11) A Classic trench in black or beige: Stylish, and Elegant.
12) A Printed Dress: Make room for a trans-seasonal Print, easy to restyle for any time of the year.
13) A Pair of darkwash fitted jeans: Great with no fuss flats or fashionable pumps.
14) Biker Boots: Looking cool effortlessly.
15) Tailored Black Jacket- an Ultimate staple…works well with just about any piece.
Super Foods are a class of the most potent, super concentrated & nutrient-rich foods on the planet. They increase vital force, & energy of ones body, optimum choice for improving ones health.
-Boosting Immune System
-Elevating sertonin production
-Alkalize the body
1) Cacao: Highest anti-oxidant on the planet. Raw chocolate improves cardiovascular support, builds strong bones, eleveates mood and energy and is a natural aphrodisiac.
2) Gogi Berris: 18 kinds of amino acids, 21 traces of minerals, high in iron, B&E Vitmains and many more.
3) Maca: a staple in the peruviuan andes. Increases energy, endurance, strength and libido.
4) Hemp Seeds: Packed with 33% pure digestable protien. A great source of iron, amino acids, and Vtamin E for children and adults.
5) Spurilina: A vital superfood. Highest source of complete protein. Provides a vast of minerals, trace elements, phyto-nutrients & enzymes.
6) Bee Products: Honey is rich in minerals, pro-biotics, anti-oxidants & enzymes.
7) Camu Berry: Highest Vitamin C source on the planet. Great for rebuilding tissue, purifying blood, enhancing immunity & energy.
8)Sea Vegetables: Rich in life giving nutrients drawn from the ocean & sun. They help remove metals, detoxify the body, and regulate immunity. Excellent for thyroid, immune system, adreanals & hormonal function.
9) Medicinal Mushrooms: Super immune enhancing components, and several healing properties for auto-immune diseases.
10) Acai Berry: Acai berries are extraordinarily rich in antioxidants packed with B vitamins, electrolytes and trace minerals that are necessary for reducing inflammation and improving energy levels.
Ayurveda is the holistic science of health. Ayurveda is based on the principles of three doshas. Doshas are the energies that make up every individual, which perform different physiological functions in the body. The three ayurvedic body types, or doshas, are Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Each dosha has a unique set of characteristics and every individual is unique and there is no diet or lifestyle routine that works for everyone. Prevention is the key, therefore food and lifestyle routines are considered the most important medicine:
Vata Dosha — Energy that controls bodily functions associated with motion, including blood circulation, breathing, blinking, and your heartbeat.
• In balance: There is creativity and vitality.
• Out of balance: Can produce fear and anxiety.
Pitta Dosha – Energy that controls the body’s metabolic systems, including digestion, absorption, nutrition, and your body’s temperature.
• In balance: Leads to contentment and intelligence.
• Out of balance: Can cause ulcers and anger.
Kapha Dosha — Energy that controls growth in the body. It supplies water to all body parts, moisturizes the skin, and maintains the immune system.
• In balance: Expressed as love and forgiveness.
• Out of balance: Can lead to insecurity and envy.
To find out your dosha, take the quiz
I recieved my first batch of pH strips last week to keep an eye on my internal health… so far so good. pH test strips are specifically optimized for measuring the pH balance of your bodies internal systems. A reading of 7.0+ is perfect, pH 6.5 is acidic and below 6.0 is very acidic. There are many reported benefits of proper body pH balance including; Inhibiting the development of bacterial and fungal infections by creating an oxygen-rich environment that harmful microorganisms like Candida cannot flourish in, weight loss by allowing your body to properly eliminate toxins instead of storing them fats, slowing the development of long-term degenerative health issues such as osteoporosis and assisting better assimilation of nutrients and enhanced detoxification